Friday, June 01, 2007

Change is in the air

With a mixture of joy and sadness we said farewell to yet another class of seniors. Graduations have now come and gone and summer is upon us. Of course, there's no mistaking that with the weather being what it has been! All you have to do is look around and see the dead grass, feel the mosquitos biting at your ankles, and take one glance at my unruly, humidity-driven hair to know that the seasons have changed! Although the season isn't the only thing changing around here - it seems like, on a daily basis, what has become so familiar and routine is becoming quite different: my body shape . . . the location I go home to at night . . . the kids I work with . . . my life is changing.

However, as I reflect on another year here and gone, I am in awe of all that God has done and the journey He's taken us through to get here. D and I have seen amazing growth in the lives of students and complete life change take place in so many. It's been an INCREDIBLE year and, no matter what changes may be upon us, we will forever be thankful for what He's done in the past 12 months. Here is just a glimpse of some of what took place this year . . .

DCLA 2006

Dan's Ordination



Puerto Rico


Amazing Opportunities w/ Students


Becoming a Mom!

4 comments:

Sally said...

And how come I didn't know YOU had a blog???

Jana said...

because i never use mine!! it originally got set up by our media person for us to use w/ kids . . . but then we all just defaulted to myspace and facebook - they're much more user friendly :)

Sally said...

no, not really they're not...blogging is WAY more fun!

So...post something!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.