About a week and a half ago my cell phone broke. Something about the little piece at the bottom of the phone where the charger goes in . . . apparently some of the pins inside are bent so I can no longer charge the darn thing. Frustrated and not wanting to drop $100 bucks on a new phone, I put word out that I was in need of a new verizon phone, if anyone was willing to donate. One of my greatest and oldest friends in the world came to the rescue and rushed (2 day delivery from CA!) me her old phone - Thanks, Liz! Within a day I had everything switched over and I was back in business . . . that was last Thursday.
On Monday I was at work and about to leave the office to visit a few local businesses to sell ads for our annual magazine. Right as I was about to walk out the door it hit me - I have to pee. Of course I have to pee!! I'm pregnant - it's all I do anymore! So I quickly shoved my (new-to-me) cell phone in my back pocket (where I usually carry it) and headed down the hall to the lady's room. After I relieved myself (sorry for the details) I stood up and just as I pulled up my pants I heard it . . .
PLOP!
You've GOT to be kidding me! I quickly spun around and peered into the toilet, afraid that I knew exactly what that noise had been.
There it was.
My cell phone - nestled deep in the bottom of the commode!
Unbelievable.
Without hesitation (okay, maybe with a moment's hesitation - did I mention that I hadn't even had a chance to flush yet??), I took a deep breath, shoved my sleeve up and went for it. "CRAP! CRAP!!!! CRAAAAAAAP!!!!" was all I could get out of my mouth (in my defense, that's much better than what I wanted to say - and NO, thankfully, there was none of that in the toilet - again, sorry for the details)! But here's a tip - never yell "crap!" over and over while in a public restroom!! Thankfully, only a few people were in the office at the time. As quickly as I could, I yanked the battery off the phone and dried it out as best as I could - I took comfort in the fact that the phone was still on and, seemingly in working order, when I pulled it out.
For the last 2 days it's been sitting at home under a lamp, drying out. It appears as if the phone might still have some life still in it, thank goodness . . . everything seems to work except the "ok/select" button, which means I can scroll through the menus but can't select anything. I can place and receive calls now, but can't open or send text messages.
I suppose the old cliche is true: beggars can't be choosers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Did you know that I also did this, at work, when I was at Dreyers?
It was with my work cell phone, and I didn't want to get stuck paying for it, so I also pulled it out of a pre-flushed toilet, and then I rinsed it off because I was so grossed out!
I ran out into the hall with my still dripping phone and ran right into our IT guy, who is also a good friend. I gave it to him and said, "It's wet, it doesn't work anymore." He took it from me, pulled out the battery, and while he was still holding it he asked me how it got wet. I said, "it fell in the toilet." And it's a good think that I have quick reflexes b/c he tossed it in the air! And I caught it!
Then he asked me, "before or after?" "Before," I said...but what I didn't say was "before I flushed" not "before I peed" Ha ha!!
Obviously, we ARE sisters! Love you!
how did i...just now...find your blogspot??!?!?! i had no idea you had one!! i'm so so excited though!! i'm thinking about completely dropping myspace...i'm kinda tired of it...
sorry about the phone...hope it works!!
Aim - I dunno how you hadn't found my blogspot . . . I've left messages on yours from my profile. I haven't really written much on here though. I don't really like it yet - it's not very user friendly and I hate that it doesn't let you know when someone has commented on you or commented back on theirs (to you). That drives me nuts. Also I hate that it's impossible to find your friends on here unless you can find them on a link on someone's page.
so...i couldn't find it because it wasn't linked to your name (mines not either...i'm working on that and will let you know how i fix it). you can get notified of a comment though...all you have to do is go to your profile, enter the email address you want it to notify you on and save ;o) let me know if you need help! you'll come to love the blogosphere. :o)
Aim - maybe she'll listen to you...b/c she sure as heck doesn't listen to her big sis!!
hello out there?!?! when are you going to blog again!?? i know you have lots to say!
This is hilarious. I have also done this myself... pre-flush. Ew. Except mine was a Pearsey Pager... and it was at work in that NASTY toilet. Gross. Remember those days! I doubt I told Jeff or Robert (which ever ended up working on it) what really happened to that pager. "Um... it must have dropped in the sink." :-) Good times. Hope the "ok/select" button starts to work.
What -- a (not myspace) blog!! So great to see you here, Jana. Congratulations on the pregnancy! I've been thinking of you and meaning to write since I heard the news....
POST for us again shugie! :)
Post a Comment