To catch you up on life in our little world - we've left the grand state of Alabama and are now sitting homeless and unemployed somewhere in middle-America. If you really wanted to find us, you could start looking for us back around 1992 - at least that's what it feels like! We're actually staying at D's parents' lake house, in Missouri - don't get me wrong, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL and if I'm gonna be unemployed and homeless, THIS is the place to do it!!! However, because we are out in the boondox we have discovered that we have absolutely NO cell phone coverage and nobody around can set up high-speed internet at the house. No problem, we thought, we'll just go old school and use AOL dial up. So, for a few days, that's exactly what we did . . . until we discovered that although we THOUGHT we were using a local number, it happened to be long distance (did I mention there's no long distance plan on the land line phone?) - oops. After much researching and countless phone calls to who-knows-how-many internet companies, we finally found a place that will come out and install high-speed internet into the house . . . only problem is it won't be until the middle of August! So, until then, I find myself living life as I did 15 years ago . . before cell phones and internet (at least in homes) . . . and back when long distance was so expensive that if you were going to communicate with friends you did so through snail mail! MAN, I feel old!
So, for now, I have to travel to the county library "in town" (about a 40 min. drive from our house) to check email and catch up on some of the work I have to do! If you'd like to get a hold of us feel free to email, but expect a reply in about as timely a fashion as the US Postal Service (since I won't be making this drive on a daily basis!) . . . or you can call us on the land line (the number which I left on my voice message on my cell).
Just so you don't feel too terribly sorry for us, here are a few pics of our temporary home:
The house at night - the best shot we can get from land. It's even MORE incredible (if you can believe it) from a boat on the lake!

View from the mid-deck, just out the back door - we've eaten many a meals at that table! :)

Another view from one of the decks

View from the dock at sunset - yes, it's like this nearly EVERY night!


2 comments:
What a beautiful spot to stay during this transition!
yeah . . i totally can't complain!! :)
Post a Comment