Tuesday, January 22, 2008

FRIENDS!!!!!

It's been 6 months since I last saw any of my friends from Bama . . . a year and a half since seeing any friends from California. That's a long time to go without the familiar faces and relationships you've grown to rely on when facing tough and stressful times. I've missed them - all of them.

The Monks, along with a few other couples, became our family when even our closest family was still over 700 miles away. They spent countless hours helping us move all our stuff to storage and clean our house once everything was out. We lived with them for 3 wks. when we were in between places and had nowhere to go. They offered up their car when Dan had to go back to Tuscaloosa for work but had no vehicle to get around. They were lifesavers. Now, the Monks are expecting their first child, a baby girl, in just a few short months!

For Christmas, TMonk gave "DuhDuh" a trip up to Indy to come see us, our new house, and finally meet little Micah! Although it was a quick trip, we had a fabulous, much needed weekend with our great friends!! Here are a few pics from our time together . . .

I could hardly contain my excitement to see them at the airport, and to see DuhDuh's growing belly (which was nonexistent the last time I saw her)!

It was unbearably cold outside (9 degrees, wind-chill factor of -2!) . . here's TMonk bundled in a pair of jeans, sweatpants, 2 prs. of socks, a few shirts, a sweatshirt, beanie, and a jacket!

It was so cold that we spent the weekend indoors

playing cards (we beat their tails, I might add!) . . .

Napping . . .

And playing with Micah!


And TMonk got to feel his little girl move for the first time!!

We had a blast! We're so blessed to have such incredible friends and are so thankful for the time we had with them while they were here!


P.S. There's a HUGE sale right now on Southwest so if any of you are looking for a place to get away . . . we'd love to see you, too!! :) hint, hint.

5 comments:

Sally said...

I'm glad ou had so much fun! I don't see much of a belly on D. though! =)

Amy said...

i'm so glad you have a new post...i was refusing to comment on the last one out of principle! anyway...glad you had time with your friends.

Eliza said...

Oh Amy...soccer isn't as fun as you think it is! Jana...I'll look into tickets to Indy...I wonder how my hubby would feel about it now.

Jana said...

yeah, she doesn't have much of a belly - but it IS big for her! ;) she's tiny normally.

Aim - i knew you'd enjoy that previous post! ;) j/k dan felt the same way. lol

Liz - TOTALLY look into it!!! i would so love to see you here before next year!!! :) :) :)

Carrie said...

What kinda of camera do ya'll have? I only post pictures from my mom's camera, ours just doesn't do indoor very well. And I love all the pictures of the friends weekend!