Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Our family is growing by the day . . .

Yes. We have another addition to our home . . . not a baby, not a dog, not even a hamster. No. This one is noisier than Micah, eats more than both our dogs, and definitely can't sleep in a tiny little cage! This one's about 6' tall, 200+ lbs., and answers to the name, "Dave." Yes, ANOTHER male is residing in my home (as if I wasn't already outnumbered)!! D's brother, an electrician with the union, got laid off from work back in KC and, with four kids and a stay-at-home wife, he needed income . . . and fast! Apparently there are no jobs down there, and the chance of getting work here is much higher, so a week and a half ago he pulled into town. He's currently on a waiting list for jobs but no luck as of yet.

So far things have been good - he's a great help with Micah as well as the dishes and he gives my wonderful husband someone ELSE to play ps2 games with (I can only take so much!). I know being away from his wife and children is tough and there's only so much in savings to live off - any prayers those of you in the blogger world might offer up for Dave and his fam would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Man, Jana, you are outnumbered. At least our dog is a girl, so I have some help with evening the playing field. It must be nice, though, to have extra hands around to help with dishes and diapers. :) I'll pray that Dave finds a steady job, soon.

Eliza said...

Jana! You actually play PS2 with Dan?! You are such a good wife. I'd play with Josh if he ever asked me.

I hope Dave finds work soon. It's a tough market out there!