1) Believe it or not, Micah started sleeping through most of the night! The day before Valentine's Day, I decided it was time for him to sleep in his own room so that I could actually let him fuss and cry at night w/o feeling the need to "rescue" him for fear that he would wake his sleeping daddy. Of course, because he still isn't a fan of sleeping flat on his back, I had to get creative. And, for some reason, it worked! That first night he slept two 5 hr. shifts, waking me only ONCE during the night! It was GLORIOUS! And this is how he's been sleeping ever since . . .

2) Dave got a job!! Praise God!! Thank you for all of your prayers! He's been working for a week now and, although it's outside (you can imagine how much that must suck during winter in the Midwest!), it's income! And, his general foreman is heading up a possible job opportunity in KC and has said that if it goes through, Dave has a job back at home!! YAY!!
3) D and I just got back from 6 days in San Diego for our annual Mid Winter conference w/ YFC - more on that to come . . . along with some fun new pics of the wee one :)


5 comments:
So funny that he has to sleep in the chair thing in his crib...whatever works though. I can't wait for two 5 hour sleep sessions...in a row!
I think we have the exact same crib...I love it!
We used to let Micah sleep in the bouncer all the time...but we left him on the floor. When he started waking up in the night since he rolled over, I strapped him in the bouncer and got some good sleep!
I'm so happy for an update!
Bout time you posted again! Can't wait to see you...2 weeks!!
Agnes - yeah, i figured we'd ease our way into the crib so i thought if he at least got used to the view from there it wouldn't feel as foreign to him when i took him OUT of the chair! ;)
Post a Comment