Had a dr's appt. this morning - we're down to 2 weeks now! Although I haven't started dilating yet, I am now 75% effaced! I'm not sure what exactly that means (I mean, I know it means I'm thinning out, but not sure the implications of that, if any, since I'm not dilated at all) . . . she did say that she's very happy w/ that since apparently the effacing process is typically the slowest for most women. She also said that she's keeping the due date at the 14th but again made sure so throw in, "BUT, you ARE full term so really he could come at anytime!" HA! I don't think she wants us to get too focused on the 14th, which is understandable. I mean, how many babies really come ON their due date?? Not many, I'm sure.
The doctor was very pleased w/ our check-up - Micah's heart rate was at 148 bpm. I can't even tell you how blessed we've been with the whole pregnancy! Every appointment (from the beginning) has resulted in a "perfect!" report, aside from a brief week and a half (at 7 wks) I haven't been sick at all, and even now (2 wks out) I've had little-to-no swelling and hardly any reason to complain (other than sore bones and I'm now finding myself waddling like a duck!). I'm praising God and fully appreciating it all - as I have so many friends who are experiencing horribly uncomfortable symptoms and having very difficult pregnancies. Believe me, I'm not bragging . . just truly feeling blessed!! I'm 1/2 expecting a horrible labor and delivery b/c it's almost been too easy . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Remember that Iz came ON his due date...and he was a first kid...who's 10 now, how crazy is that??
Anyway, I'm SO glad it's gone so well for you, and you're such a trooper that your labor and delivery will probably be a breeze, too...pray for the same for me, okay??
Your pregnancy sounds similar to mine. I had a smooth labor and delivery too so it's definitely possible!! Yet now that I look back I'm SO thankful. There are so many, like you said, that experience miserable pregnancies and have a very hard labor! I'm almost scared to have another some day because I figure there is no way it can go as well the second time around! :) Anywho, thinking about you alot and can't wait to read the blog about Micah's arrival!!!!
I can not BELIEVE you only have 2 weeks...what?! And seeing the 3D ultrasounds of Micah the other day nearly made me pass out. Jana this is SOOO exciting!!!I can't wait to see pics! I hope the rest goes smoothly girl...
Post a Comment