Sunday, October 07, 2007

Apparently I'm as big as a . . . .

Well, I'm not really sure . . but apparently I look like I'm gonna blow! In the last 2 weeks I've had more comments and questions about my protruding belly than I ever would've imagined! For real - everywhere I go, no matter what I'm wearing, what type of store I'm in, or who I'm with there's always someone who wants to know just when I'm going to "pop!" The latest was just a few hours ago at Target.

As I stood at the register, looking through my way-too-full purse in search of my wallet, the clerk (I guess trying to make small talk) nonchalantly asks, So, when are you do? TOMORROW?!!

Um . . no . . actually, I have 5 1/2 weeks left. November 14th.

I continued to dig through my purse as she rattled off about her experience (some 20+ years ago) being pregnant . . something about being as big as her house . . I don't know. I smiled politely, grabbed my bags and walked toward the parking lot.

A few other comments/questions/responses I've had in the last two weeks:
  • Oh! How much longer do you have? . . . REALLY?? . . . You're so big!!
  • You look like you're gonna pop!
  • Wow! When's the "big" day?! Oh, well you've still got a while!
  • You MUST be having a boy!!
Although every day I'm feeling increasingly uncomfortable, and I know I'm growing daily, I had no idea that I looked like I could go at any minute!! But that seems to be the consensus around here - seriously, I couldn't count the number of times people have been SHOCKED to hear that I still have several weeks to go.

Here are the most recent shots of The Belly. . . you tell me!

Saying goodbye to the lake house . . .

My dad helped us move into our new house and built us a beautiful dog-run for our dogs :)



















My mother-in-law's artwork on Micah's wall as we prepared his new room for a makeover!

Out on our back deck

6 comments:

Sally said...

Well, I do have to say that those clothes fit quite a bit tighter than when we bought them, but I don't think you look like you're going to pop!

Did the satellite dude show up on time?

Jana said...

of COURSE NOT!! BUT, he DID call and explain that he was running behind (twice!). Then he finally showed up at 9pm but we let him just go home and he's SUPPOSED to be back this am. we shall see. stupid direct tv.

Melinda said...

I have to say the art work is perfect!

and man seriously You look like your gonna P.O.P! Whooo!

ha ha Just kidding you look beautuful as always.

Terri said...

hi! I came over from Sally's blog. I don't think you look like you're gonna pop any day and you do look great. What you'll find is that people can't stand silence or can't stand not talking and will feel the need to talk and maybe not pay attention to what they are saying. Just wait till you have the baby; people come out of the woodwork to comment, offer advice. etc.! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Jana... you look like you're going to pop, BUT... you look beautiful! =) I hope I look that good whenever I have get pregnant. =) Love you.

Not Your Stepford Wife said...

I had the same sort of comments long before my due date too. I even had a comment at 6 months from a man, saying, "woah, are you having twins?" Um, yah, some people don't think before they talk. You look GREAT!!!! Being pregnant looks good on you! :)