Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

To all of the mothers out there who spend their days changing outfits 3 times a day (not because it doesn't look quite right, but b/c it's either been pooped, peed, or thrown-up on . . and quite possibly one of each!), wiping snotty noses, picking up toys, diapers, shoes, clothes, blankets, etc. from room to room (all day long!), vacuuming, doing dishes, planning menus, grocery shopping, nursing, kissing scraped knees . . . and loving every minute of it . . . I SALUTE YOU!!!!

I am in awe of just how much love goes into everything you do as a mom. Every day I find myself falling more and more in love with my beautiful, perfect little gift from God. I can't get enough of his tiny hugs, which he has recently started giving me every 5 minutes or so. And I just melt when I look into those big blue eyes w/ lashes so long that it makes me jealous!

My heart goes out to the mom who, today, is sitting next to a hospital bed, with a heart full of hope and a faith that can move mountains . . . praying that one day her little girl will be able to hug her in the same way. And to the mom who just yesterday gave birth to her precious baby boy when, just 3 weeks away from his due date, his heart stopped beating and he returned to the Father who sent him. I pray for you. I grieve with you. I am inspired by you.

What a blessing it is to have this beautiful, healthy little boy in my arms. To feel his head snuggled up against my neck and his chubby arms draped over my shoulders. May God be glorified on this Mother's Day as it is only because of His miraculous hand and amazing grace that we can have a day like today and experience the incredible joy of motherhood.


Happy Mother's Day to you.

2 comments:

Rach said...

That made me want to cry. Your little Micah is so adorable. That picture is precious. I, too, am in love with my little guy. What a gift they are. We are truly blessed.

Amy said...

I totally agree! I feel so blessed and so lucky. I hope you had a wonderful first Mother's Day...I know I did!