If you know my sister and me at all, you know that we are quite different . . . opposites, really . . . She is the extremely organized, well planned out, responsible type. If something is not just right, it upsets her. Things in her house are always neat and orderly and she has a schedule and list for everything. Me, on the other hand? Things tend to just roll off my back and I'm more likely to shrug it off with a, "Eh, What can ya do?" My house is in a constant state of chaos . . . no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it all in place and no matter how many lists I make and times I get things neat and organized, without fail, a week later, things will be in disarray! You can imagine the problems such a clash in personalities can cause, especially growing up sharing a room together!We were never those sisters that did everything together and considered the other our best friend. In fact, I think we spent more time finding ways to get out of having to do things together - our interests were completely different and the four years between us felt like decades when I was young. It wasn't until recently, since we both became moms, that we finally learned to appreciate our differences and love each other for them.
A few weeks ago, my family and I had the opportunity to visit my sister and her (at the time, 3 week old) newborn. We had so much fun watching the boys interact with one another. And, for the most part, our past issues and differences that have always stood in the way of a healthy, fun relationship as sisters were non-existent.Here are a few pics of our time together:

Aunt Jana and "Lil Major"

Uncle D, Papa, and the boys

Cousins :)


8 comments:
Cute pictures!! It will be fun to watch them grow up just a few months apart!
Ahhh... yea for seesters!! And sweet baby cousins! Adorable pics.
Remember when you were grounded from the curling iron because you and your sister fought over it? Hot stix for Jana. Is your shirt tucked in?
We were grounded from the curling iron?? i dont remember that...fighting, I remember - but then it happened every day.
Love their matching outfits!! And Lil Major has already changed and grown so much!!
Oh, and I think that we started to accept our differences when we got married...at least that is when we started talking on the phone just about every day...now it's multiple times a day. I love you, Sister!!
Liza, I don't know how you remember all of that! YES, now that you mention it, I DO remember being grounded from the curling iron . . and I was ticked that I had to use the hot sticks - they made my hair way too kinky-curly!
Sally - I don't know that I'd say we "accepted our diffs" even once we got married . . we still fought quite a lot!
It looks like you had such a good visit. I really wish I had a sister. And, I can't wait to have a neice or nephew someday. I'd love to be pregnant at the same time as my sister-in-law and for us to have little kids so close in age. What a fun situation you have. Yay for the new post! Love the pictures. :)
yeah so even though I have heard these things on the phone its been a long time since I read your blog. I am amazed and aware of the beauty in this. Love you friend and I love the way God moves our hearts as we get older.
Post a Comment