Friday, March 21, 2008

While I was out . . .

So for those of you who don't know, I just spent a week in California visiting friends and family one last time before my parents move to stinkin' Kansas! Although my time there was way too short and my list of things I wanted to do and people to see was far too long to accomplish it all, I had a wonderful time back "home." But more on my California adventures later . . . Until then, check out what my FABULOUS husband did while I was away!!!!





Now, since only a handful of you have actually ever been to our house here in Indy, you may be looking at the picture above trying to figure out just WHAT exactly I'm talking about. Let me help you out . . . here is a picture of our bedroom BEFORE (since I don't have pics of it since we've moved in, this pic is from when we first looked at the house, before we moved in - obviously, we have diff. furniture and, at least in MY opinion, better taste).





HE PAINTED OUR BEDROOM!!!! We spent over 2 yrs in our house in Alabama before we ever even HUNG anything in our bedroom there. And here in Indy, we've put all of our time and energy into getting the rest of the house done, that our bedroom has sat barren, plain white and, once again, with nothing hung on the walls. About a month ago I tried to convince D that we needed to paint and actually make our room feel like a place we could retreat to but with so many other things on our "wish list" we decided that it probably wasn't the best use of our money at this time. BUT, being the amazing and thoughtful man that he is, D planned and plotted to do our room while I was in CA as a surprise to me!! He worked tirelessly patching up cracks in the walls, priming and painting (3 coats!) even though he absolutely HATES to paint with red! Did I mention that I have an incredible husband??

Thanks, D - I absolutely LOVE it!! :) And, hopefully some day soon we'll have the new duvet cover and pics on the walls!! :)

6 comments:

Rach said...

Absolutely awesome! I love, love, love the color AND I love your sleigh bed, too. What a great husband. We did pretty well for ourselves with the men in our lives, eh? It was great to see you, although too short a time. Yay for your hubby. He's a keeper!

Sally said...

Ooh, it looks good! But, watch what you say about Kansas, girl...they'll be a lot closer to you here than in CA.

Carrie said...

Jana it looks great! I love it. What a sweet gift!

Sara said...

Gorgeous! An amazing husband!

Terri said...

Your room looks amazing! What a great surprise to come home to!

Olive Oyl said...

wow. what an amazing husband!!!

i love your furniture. we just bought the same set just before Christmas. I was so excited to bring it home... it made me feel so grown-up! :)