First, let me start off by saying, I know I'm a little (ok, a lot) behind on my posts since going to CA, etc. I have about 5 posts in my head that I need to catch up on, but have been sick the last week and a half and am just not feeling "it" today. SO, instead . . I'm taking the challenge extended by my great friend, Carrie
10 things you may (or may not) know about me . . .
1. Two shows that I watch faithfully, every morning are: The Today Show and The Ellen Degeneres Show. If I'm home, I never miss them.
2. I'm a jealous person - I never really knew this about myself until recently. Friendships and relationships that I never imagined could be threatened or shaken were and they have stirred up a mix of trust and jealousy issues within me. I'm ashamed and embarrassed to admit that.
3. I was born and raised in California and am SO thankful for the diversity of people, cultures, languages, traditions, and opportunities that surrounded me because of it. I miss it terribly and would go back in a heartbeat.
4. I love my husband and son more than anything, but if I'm most honest, there are times I find myself missing the single-life . . . the mystery and wonderment of "one day;" the ability to drop everything at the drop of a hat just to take a day trip, or go out w/ the girls; the time I had just to myself . . .
5. I LOVE photography! I wish I was able to take some classes and get some formal training on using my SLR - I learned all about the f-stops and apertures in high school but have since forgotten it all and, thus, only ever use my fabulous camera on the "automatic" setting.
6. Two things I want to do before I die: learn to play the guitar and take a missions trip to India.
7. I am completely externally motivated and, because of it, am bad at finishing projects - just ask my sister - I still have a birthday present I started for her like 6 years ago that I never finished!! I have great ideas and get excited about starting them, but seldom see them to completion, without the accountability and challenge of an external source (friend, teammate, accomplice). I hate this about myself!
8. I don't deserve my husband - he's the most God-fearing, selfless, tenderhearted servant I've ever met and, truly, I do not deserve him!
9. I have several friends that I consider family - they've encouraged me, challenged me, supported me, and loved me unconditionally through life and all its ups and downs. I have been so blessed and can't thank them enough!
10. One of my biggest pet peeves is clutter - it drives me CRAZY!! Even still, I have a horrible habit of piling things up - paperwork, mail, lists of to-dos, etc. I am my own worst enemy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow, the jealousy thing came as a TOTAL surprise. You're not that different from your big sis, are you?? =)
Oh, and Miss English major - I have to point out your grammar faux pas in #9. Don't worry, everyone makes those mistakes. I love you!
Glad to see you posting again...hope you feel 100% soon!
ha! thanks, sis. i fixed it. i can always count on you to point out those mistakes, can't i?? ;) j/k
The jealousy came as a surprise to me too! And then I find myself curious about it....who has made my Jana jealous? And then I remember that I'm overly nosey and I need to let it go! I love and miss you tons!
Jana don't come to my classroom right now the clutter is OUT OF CONTROL! I completely understand the jealousy thing! I am so jealous of friends who seem to make new friends then I feel like I don't have a place anymore and I back off and that is how I fall out of touch with people. Silly huh?
Post a Comment