Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Confused

Today is April the 15th. I know this is true because I went to the Post Office yesterday to mail a few things and the lines were horrendous! The parking lot was packed and people were everywhere, scurrying to file their taxes at the last minute. Honestly, that was the only thing that tipped me off to the fact that we truly are in the month of April. See. where I grew up, by this time of year we'd already busted out our tank-tops and flip-flops and were having picnics in the parks. By now the weather is pretty nearly perfect at home . . and maybe just a little on the warm side. Here? Well, it's still in the 40's and low 50's!! There's something wrong when, in mid-April, you go out for a walk and look something like this . . .


WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SPRING??!!

7 comments:

Sally said...

The midwest spring happens a little later than I like, too. It's supposed to get up to 70 today, but the wind is blowing like crazy!!

Terri said...

I hear ya Jana...this is our first week of decent weather, today is almost 70! I'm so ready to break out my flippies!

Not Your Stepford Wife said...

Wow, that sounds cold. Yesterday it was in the 80's here... today it's "cold" and in the 60's. :)

suezque said...

I totally understand! I've lived in Colorado all my life- but still get frustrated when the Spring flip-flops between 80's and 30's... :-)

Carrie said...

How did you get the stroller to face that way?? I couldn't figure it out. It came without instructions... And our low was 32 the past three days and the high was in the 50's if that. So even if were back in the sunny south it has been a cold April thus far. It should make it to the 70's tomorrow.

Jana said...

Carrie, you just turn it around and put it in the same way you would otherwise. it goes in just like the infant seat adapter did.

shauna said...

Hey guys, it's Ben and Shauna Pilgreen! We are in Springfield, MO now. You might already have heard the news. Anyway, stay updated with us at www.pilgreens.blogspot.com. We completely understand the weather and are enjoying a 70 degree day today! Praise God! He does love us! I told Carrie Jones, that she needs to come to Springfield...maybe it's a halfway point between Tuscaloosa and you guys!