Friday, April 18, 2008

Tagged at 5 Months!

First and foremost - my little boy is 5 months old today!!


WOW! Where has the time gone?? Apparently I'm feeling like he's growing up just a little too fast because just last night I had a really strange dream . . . I dreamed that I walked into the hallway to find Micah crawling around w/ my sis and mom watching like it was no big deal! I freaked and was like, "Oh my gosh!! Micah's crawling!! Get the camera!!" So, of course, I ran to get the camera and when I came back out there he was . . . WALKING (and yes, still only 5 mos. old!) and just smiling at me. Again, my mom and sis just watched nonchalantly. I stood there, frozen, and just watched as he rounded the corner. Within mere seconds, he came back around the corner and down the hallway, towards me . . . this time, he was about 19 years old with dark curly hair and a full beard! He looked JUST like his daddy!! STRANGE!!

On another note . . . Micah got tagged the other day by his friends Taylor and Madison. Although I recently did the 10 Things meme about me, they want to know about Micah! So, here's what he had to share:

1) I love love LOVE my Daddy! He likes to get me out of my crib in the morning cause he says that's when he gets the most smiles. We spend most mornings together playing and laughing while Mama catches up on a few more zzzzz's. He's lots of fun and anytime he walks into a room or starts talking, I can't help but smile and stare at him - Mama gets frustrated with it when she's trying to nurse me . . she's made a new rule that Dad can't talk when I'm nursing.


2) I finally learned to roll over (thanks to Dad's help - see here)! I did it on my own 1 month ago today - on my 4 month birthday! Now I'm working on sitting up. Mama says I'm doing really well and am not far from doing it on my own!

3) I just got a new jumperoo and it's become my favorite past time! It's so fun but it wears me out! It's got a little elephant on it that makes this funny noise every time I jump. And, for some reason, when the elephant talks, Mama and Daddy yell, "ROLL TIDE!" Weird. I know.

4) I went to the beach for the first time in my life last month and it was the coolest thing EVER!! I got to put my feet in the sand and feel the water on my toes - it was COLD!!! My Mema and Aunt Kristin couldn't stop taking pictures.

5) Even though I look big and people say I'm a "chunk," I'm only just now fitting into my 3 month clothes!! And the only pants I can wear are 0-3 months!

6) I have a new baby cousin!! His name is Jackson but I sometimes call him Jack. I baked him a cake on his birthday and even though he wasn't here to enjoy it, I made sure to stick my hand in it for him when Daddy was trying to take a picture of me with it. I'm so excited - I get to fly to Kansas next Friday to meet my new cousin!!


7) I LOVE to laugh! The lady at the gym yesterday told my parents that I had the biggest laugh she'd ever seen!! Sometimes I laugh just because. I mean, do you really have to have a reason to laugh?? If you want to hear me laughing, click on the video below.



8) I got my first hickie today!! I don't know what that means, exactly, but Mama keeps telling people that and she thinks it's funny enough for pictures so I thought I'd share that with you. Apparently it's funny cause I gave it to myself . . . is someone else supposed to give it to me?! I don't understand, but here's a picture (you may have to look real close - it's on my right forearm).


9) I love to take baths. Recently I've learned that if I stomp my foot real hard while I'm in the bathtub I can get Mama and Daddy all wet!! It's pretty funny! It makes me laugh! My favorite thing ever is when Mama washes my hair and gives me a head massage!! Oooh that feels SO good! I just relax and smile.







10) Lastly, you should know that I'm a world traveler . . or a US traveler, anyway. In my short 5 months of life, I've already flown to and from California 3 times, driven to Louisville, KY, and next week I'll be flying to Kansas! Mama says I'm a trooper. So far, I love to travel. The only thing I really don't like is when we take-off and land on a plane. That hurts my ears and sometimes it makes me cry.

That's all for now. Thanks for letting me share a little about ME!! I guess I'll tag a few of my friends now . . . Jackson, Noah, M.O., Braden, and "Toad" - YOU'RE IT!! :)

7 comments:

Sally said...

ok, the cake one got me crying. I can't wait to see you guys next week and to hear that laugh in person!

Not Your Stepford Wife said...

He is so cute Jana! Turning into such a little boy! I can't believe it's 5 months already. I feel like you just had him!

Amy said...

oh my! the hickie one was hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

I was laughing at the hickie one too!!!

Hey, I love the new photo at the top of your blog. He's beautiful!!!

Brent and Julie said...

His eyes are beautiful!!! Look out ladies!!!!

Brent and Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olive Oyl said...

He is darling... little boys are so darn fun!