Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bumps & Bruises

Micah got his first real bump on his head . . . one that actually bruised and can be seen days later. He climbs on and over anything and everything that he comes across so when my computer bag appeared to be in his path, he chose to climb over it. The only bad thing about it is he's yet to figure out how to gracefully come back down things he climbs on top of. Usually that means he just topples down the other side, head first! This time, when he did, he came down right into the metal corral gate and bumped his noggin. I didn't think it looked that bad but when he woke up yesterday morning he still had a red mark on his forehead - poor guy! And now it's turned into a bruise! I know this is only the first of who-knows-how-many-more bumps and bruises . . . and if he's anything like my brother there'll be countless visits to the emergency room on top of that (Lord, I hope not!)! Even still, since in the bloggy world it's expected for us moms to post about our childrens' "firsts" . . . I thought I better log this one.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Dear Micah,
Mommy told me you bumped your head. I'm sorry about that buddy. Don't worry it will start hurting when you forget and touch it or bump it again. But in the meantime you can get lots of sympathy! Here's how... touch it or bang yourself in the head with a toy and then stick out your bottom lip. Mommies eat it up! Hang in there.
Love, Noah

Eliza said...

Poor kid!

Oh and I'm horrible at posting firsts...Micah took his first steps in July and nary a word on my blog about it. Also today we had our first almost choking incident and our first serious case of bed head - which I tried to send you a pic of, but didn't attach it....oops.

Christine said...

Sorry you got a booboo Micah. We love your new ride! Also love what you've done with the blog!

Josh Pearsey said...

How dare you Jana Mayble Hillen! I'm calling CPS. Micah now belongs to the state on Indiana.

Crissie said...

Ha....go read my current post...tomorrow i take madison to get a cast...while don is in Africa!!! how many times do you tell a kid to STOP climbing!!! geeeezzz:)