Friday, September 26, 2008

One year ago today . . .


We officially became Hoosiers!! Yep! It was exactly one year ago that I picked up the keys to our new house and D & my dad drove up from Alabama with all of our belongings! I was six weeks away from giving birth to our little man and couldn't WAIT to have a place to actually settle into and prepare for him to arrive.



This year has definitely flown by. We can't believe that we've been here for a year and that Micah is only weeks away from his 1st birthday! We've done a TON on the house in the last 12 months (most of which was accomplished, miraculously, in the first 6 weeks of living here - thanks to an incredible husband who was determined to help me get the house the way I wanted it before our baby arrived!!) and I just realized the other day that I never got around to posting before and after shots of it all. So, in honor of this anniversary, I promise to post some pics of the house (before/after shots) sometime this weekend (it's late and I'm about to head to bed now, and they aren't on this computer). So . . . check back soon!

2 comments:

Sally said...

A year! So much has happened in the last year...it almost feels like 1997 again -- funny that 10 years ago was the year that was so crazy for our family.

I can't wait to see Micah (and you guys!) in a couple months...wish it was sooner.

Oh, and you better give some kudos to Dad for helping in those first weeks, too.

Sally said...

oh, and don't wait too long to post those pics!