The Entry Way BEFORE . . .


And AFTER . . .
The only thing we've really done here is painted - I can't WAIT to get rid of that horribly ugly chandelier . . that's on our wish list. And, I'm still unsure as to what to do (if anything) w/ that ledge above the door. . . any suggestions? My struggle is, it's pretty much impossible to get up there to clean or dust so it's gotta be something extremely low maintenance!
The Living Room BEFORE . . .
And AFTER . . .
So, obviously, this pic was taken at Christmas . . . it's the only after shot I could find. lol.The Kitchen BEFORE . . .

And AFTER . . . (note the tacky hardware on the cabinets - this was the very first thing I insisted on changing, even before we purchased the house!) . . . Actually, this is about to change again in a couple of weeks when my parents bring us their kitchen appliances (they're remodeling their ktichen) so ours will no longer be mismatched.

Our Bedroom BEFORE . . .
And AFTER . . . Thanks to my loving husband who did this "little" makeover "while I was out" in California!! This was HUGE, especially since he HATES painting red!! We are still trying to find a piece to hang over the head of our bed.Micah's room BEFORE . . .

And AFTER . . .
The 4th bedroom has been claimed by the hubby as "The Game Room" - here it is BEFORE . . .

And AFTER . . . (We just pulled down the wallpaper border and painted a couple of weeks ago, so he still has to get everything up on the walls the way he wants it - in other words, this is a work in progress)
Guest Bathroom BEFORE and AFTER . . .

And finally, the back yard (well, part of it). In the first week or so we were here, after helping D move all our stuff from Alabama, my dad so graciously stayed to help us with a few projects around the house. This one was among the most time consuming. He built a dog run in the back yard so that the dogs would have a place to play, but not dig, poop in, and ruin the remainder of the yard! My dad worked really hard (w/ D's help) to recreate posts, etc. that looked just like the existing deck. I think he did a pretty stinkin' good job!!
BEFORE . . .

And there ya have it!! Phew, I'm exhausted just looking at all of these rooms again!! What d'ya think? We still have quite a bit left to do (the dining room, D's office, the guest bedroom, master bath and 1/2 bath!!!). But, hey, we've got YEARS for those, right??? LOL.


14 comments:
looks great, sis!
I'm so inspired!! I love the colors you chose.... I mean, I really love them!!! I have been thinking of painting while my folks are here after Christmas, but I've wavered. Now, I'm definitely gonna do it. Oh, and have I mentioned that I absolutely love, love, love your sleigh bed. That is on my wish list (long term wish list, but it is there).
thanks, rach! you totally should just go for it and paint!! it's amazing how much it can change the feel of a room! i grew up w/ white walls (if they had any color it was 'cause of wallpaper) so when i bought my house in bako the first thing i did was paint our living room RED (it's my fave. color AND fave. wall color ... can you tell??) ;) after that, i was hooked! now i can't handle seeing a white wall!
i hope you do get your sleigh bed some day soon! i love ours - our whole bedroom suite was our wedding gift from my parents.
looks nice jana! our house was all kinds of funky colors when we moved in so since then the whole thing practically has been repainted. i've got to get the guest bathroom painted before the baby gets here. that's next on my list!
I especially love your living room. I'll also say this again...the people who lived there before you had awful taste!
Not everything was white walls. don't you remember my bedroom in Fresno that had 2 walls that were bright yellow??
WOW! I love what you've done with it! I'm a BIG fan of paint... and the darker the better. So I love all the dark colors. Your living room is awesome... and I love what you've got going on with the window coverings. Must get me some of those! Ha... and now I'm all in the mood for christmas after seeing all your decorations. :-)
Oh... and I LOVE the shower curtain. Its so pretty!
Nice job Jana.
Oh my goodness, Jana. I can't believe how much you accomplished in only one year and with a baby! It looks terrific! Where did you find your shower curtain - love it!
thanks, guys!!! you all are so sweet :) and it's so encouraging to hear your comments b/c with everything that HASN'T gotten done, you remind me that we really have accomplished somethings!
Staci - I got the shower curtain at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I got it about a year and a half ago but I'm pretty sure they still have the same one!
Okay, so you have inspired me to paint! Our walls are still white b/c I have been thinking about what to do...now I just want to do something...anything! Your house is gorgeous, Jana! Oh, and Zane's vaccinations were HORRIBLE! He screamed all afternoon and wouldn't nurse. It was a long day to say the least...
So. This is the house I've never been invited to. You living room looks exactly like ours.
okay, time for a new post, please. i do believe you gave amy a hard time about needing a new post...and here you sit...september 29th!!?? come on, lady... new post, please! :)
Yeah I get to keep up with you...ALTHOUGH like you said...UPDATE????? I know I saw these pics somewhere like 6 months ago...uhh hmmm...LOL.(jk) Your house is beautiful! Seriously, I am glad you have a "blog" too=)
Ditto on the new post request! :)
Post a Comment