

A 2008 Ford Escape, Limited Edition and fully loaded SUV, with less than 2000 miles on it!! It's got power everything, leather seats, 6 disc cd player, mp3 outlet, moon roof, bun warmers, his/her controls for the air/heater (which I am OH SO excited about!!), heaters for the side mirrors, automatic 4 wheel drive, running boards, tow package, luggage rack, ambient lighting . . . and too many other things to list!!!
Of course, that means that my days with THIS ghetto-fied beauty are soon to be over . . .


. . . and I couldn't be more excited!! Don't get me wrong, I've loved loved LOVED my Civic - I'm a Honda girl . . . and have grown up in a Honda family. So much so that, if you know me well at all, you're in shock right now at how excited I am to give up my Civic for a . . ahemmm . . . ford. BUT, when you get the opportunity to own any car FREE OF CHARGE (Honda or otherwise), you're an idiot not jump on it!! Let me explain . . .
Our original plan was for me to drive that little Civic, affectionately known as "Hot Mama" (long story), until it died (probably another 75K-100K miles), then we'd look at something more . . . umm . . . "motherly" - ha! Like my sis and Paulette, I've had an aversion to mini vans, so I was hoping that on that day I'd either be ready (emotionally) to give in and become The Soccer Mom (a role that is inevitable in this house), or we'd go for an SUV style mommy mobile. :) So, although I've grown weary of hitting my head on the door frame almost every time I get the boy in and out of the Civic, and figuring out that if I need to put ANYTHING else in the trunk besides the stroller and diaper bag, we'd better take D's 4Runner . . . and although I cringed every time I looked at the horrible (aka "ghetto-fied") paint job (thanks to the storms, humidity, and lack of any type of covered parking at our house in AL) . . . I'd come to accept that I was just going to have to deal w/ it all for a few more years.
And then we got THE call!!
You may remember that D's grandfather unexpectedly passed away in May (just 5 days after he met Micah for the first time). Only a month before his passing, he purchased (with cash) a brand new Escape. So, for the past 4 months, this beautiful car (with only 1200 miles on it) has just been sitting in a garage. Knowing that my car was getting "older" and that we'd talked about getting something a little bigger, my mother-in-law called us about 6 weeks ago and asked if we'd be interested in buying Grandpa's car (at an extremely discounted price) from the estate! WOW! We were shocked, humbled, and blessed by the offer . . . especially when, after weeks of talking it through and looking at budgets, we got another call, offering the vehicle to us at not cost!!
So, now, here I sit with a gorgeous, brand new SUV in my garage . . . with no car payments!!! We know how proud Grandpa was of his new car and are honored to be chosen as the new owners. We promise, Grandpa, to take great care of your beautiful car!


3 comments:
It will be so weird to see you riding around in a Ford...it's been the civic forEVER. I'm so glad it all worked out, and I can't wait to push all the buttons in your new baby.
This is Liza....
Seriously! I think you will almost cry when you actually watch someone drive away in it! You had so many great memories in that car. Cross country with Amy, trips to the beach and on and on. I have an attachment to that car!
I'm really stoked for you. We inherited my gma's fridge free of charge. And it had less than a year on it!
Wow...how nice to be blessed with a car for free! I have a mini SUV and I don't think I'll ever cross over to the mini-van. I'm only having two kids anyway. :)
Post a Comment