
Aaron Everett DeBondt
1980 - 2007
Aaron Everett DeBondt, 27, born March 5, 1980, in Luverne, MN. He went home to be with the Lord on November 7, 2007. A Celebration of Life will be held at Laurelglen Bible Church, 2801 Ashe Road, Tuesday, November 13th, at 10:00 a.m. Aaron is survived by his mother, Judy of Bakersfield; his father, Randy of Rock Valley, IA; brothers, Travis, Nathan (Jackie) and Justin (Jen); grandparents, Everett and Catherine Fikse of Hills, MN. Aaron was very fond of his nephew and two nieces. He cherished his many friends and was well known by many for his compassionate heart. Aaron attended Sing Lum, Tevis, Stockdale High, BC, and graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo with a degree in business. He was currently working as a Pharmaceutical Rep. Sharing his faith, golfing, playing soccer, and watching his Raiders play were some of his passions. Aaron had strong faith in his Lord, and his favorite quote was, "God is hiding in the world. Our task is to let the divine emerge from our deeds." In lieu of flowers his family asks contributions be made to the Fresno Burn Center. Aaron Everett DeBondt Mar. 5, 1980 - Nov. 7, 2007
**** A friend from home called me three nights ago to inform me of Aaron's death - it caught me off guard. Apparently, they found Aaron, dead, in his apartment . . . the cause of death is still unknown. Aaron was a guy we hung out with a lot in high school, but someone I've totally lost touch with since. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw him . . . probably 10 years ago. But Aaron was one of those guys you just remember - a guy that made everyone smile and laugh and who just loved to be around people. I'm reminded of just how true the statement is, "Life does not promise us a tomorrow."
I've heard that statement countless times, but it wasn't until 8 years ago, when one of my best friends died suddenly that I truly began to understand and believe it. Darin was only 21 when he suddenly passed out and within hours, was pronounced dead. Doctors still can't explain his death. All we know is that God knew the number of his days; God placed him on this earth without any explanation, and He had the right to take Him in the same way. My only consolation is this: that God is always in control and always has a greater plan, and for those who follow and choose to believe (which both Aaron and Darin did), they have the promise of eternal life. I don't have to wonder where they are now, or how they are doing. I KNOW. And they are at PEACE.


4 comments:
I agree...Funny how we posted the same thing.
Know this I love you friend. And I'm sad that we both didn't have a chance to reconnect with him before this tragic day.
Life is indeed to short.
I've never heard you talk about him...why did they ask for donations for the burn unit?
you were away at school when he was around, so i don't think you ever met him. he was in some sort of accident a few years ago and got burned pretty badly
You are so right about Aaron. He was the type of guy you just don't forget. Always so nice to be around. I ran into him a couple years ago in Bako but it's driving me crazy that I can't remember where and what we talked about. I just remember that he seemed like the exact same guy.
Post a Comment