
I was up again this morning from 2:15 - 3:45am . . . timing contractions. They were routine, but I don't know that they would necessarily be considered "consistent" - I would have four or five that were 2-3 mins. apart (about 1min. 20 secs. on average in length) and then I would have two that were 3-4 mins apart (1.5 mins. in length). . . and then back to the 2 min. ones - which is why I say they were routine but not really "consistent." I sat there calculating for an hour and a half thinking, "okay, my dr. said to call when they were 3-5 mins apart for at least an hour" . . . they were 6-7 mins last Friday . . . but they aren't painful at all. Everything you hear about is people being doubled over in pain as they rush to the hospital w/ contractions that close together . . . so I just figure it's all Braxton Hicks . . . and I decide sleep would be good . . .
Got up this morning - still have contractions. The pressure is definitely more than last Friday, but probably about the same as last night. I start to time them: 2:34, 2:14, 2:45, 2:19 . . . same thing for 45 mins. Then the electrician shows up at my door . . I stop timing . . and now, they've slowed down. Must be BH. *Sigh. But, perhaps they're doing something productive. Our dr. goes out of town for a week, starting on Monday so if Micah comes while she's gone (and not before), that'll be the FOURTH dr. we'll have in this one stinkin' pregnancy!
. . . Still praying he'll show his little face before Sunday - we really love our doctor!


4 comments:
AHHH!!! Jana, this is sooo funny because I remember emailing Angela the morning I went into labor. I explained to her what I had been experiencing. I explained that I thought that I was having contractions, but that I wasn't doubled over in pain, like I expected I would be when in labor. So, I wasn't really sure what was going on. So, I timed the "feeling of bearable cramps rolling through my belly" for several hours. They were contractions, but they weren't "consistent", until, wait, they were consistent! I remember getting home from the hospital from having Cody and getting Angela's response, saying "You are totally in labor". Of course, I didn't get it until after Cody was born, but that is because we ended up going to the hospital that afternoon, before Angela had a chance to reply. Your blog just sounds so familiar. I'm not trying to get your hopes up. I realize they could totally be BH. But, then, again... this could just be the beginning of consistent contractions to come. Yay!!! So excited for you guys!
~Rachael
Thanks, Rach! Yeah, when I talked to the dr. on Friday and she told me to call if they were 5 mins. or less apart, I asked her if I needed to wait until they were painful and she told me just to call either way b/c everyone's idea of pain is relative and depends on their threshold for pain . . but I just feel like if I call, I'll go in and they'll be like, "nope . . nothing." So I wait. and if they get consistent again, I'll call. lol
Ok, I've tried to comment twice on this post in the last day and my computer won't let me. Let's see if it works this time. You are totally in labor! I was laughing when I read Rachael's comment because I was thinking how I thought the same thing when she told me the pains/uncomfort she was having. So my guess is you are at the hospital now and maybe already had the baby! I hope I'm right!! :)
. . . i WISH you were right, angela! i'm still at home . . on my couch. BUT, i do feel like we've made some progress! unless he wakes me up sometime in the night telling me it's time to go, i guess i'll just have to wait until our dr's appt. tomorrow at 9am to see where things stand. i'll keep ya posted! ;)
Post a Comment