Monday, November 12, 2007

No Change.

That's what we were told this morning at our doctor's appointment . . . well, pretty close to no change - still 75% effaced and no dilation!! She said I'm "softer" (whatever that means) but my cervix is not opening yet. *sigh. He did move down - went from a -1 to a +2 station (for those of you who know what that means), but that's pretty much it. I asked her how she felt about induction and when - she said she typically will wait until 41 wks (which for us would be next Wed. - the day before Thanksgiving!). Only problem? Our doctor is leaving to go out of town on Monday and will be gone all week! Apparently the doctors got a message today (or maybe yesterday) from the hospital asking them to not schedule any more inductions this week if possible because they've got so many . . . but, she said she'd try! :) She was gonna call over there today and see if there was some way she could get us in Thursday night or Friday - so be praying!! We know that it's all in God's timing and he could totally come on his own in the mean time, but I would REALLY LOVE IT if he didn't come right before Thanksgiving! And, besides that, my parents are flying in this Thurs. and will be here for 12 days - if he doesn't come till the end of next week, they'll only be here for 4-5 days after he actually arrives! And, I know enough to know that the more time I can have them here to help, the better!! :)

Needless to say, D and I took a 3 mile walk today just to try to "help the process!" I think we'll be walking every day this week! For now, we're scheduled to go back in for a check-up on Friday (that is, of course, if he chooses to stay put and we can't get in to be induced).

1 comment:

Sally said...

Let me know what you hear from the Dr.